Thursday, August 4, 2011

Scripture Memory Ribbon & 2nd Place in Discus for the Burgess Boys!!

Runner's Camp ended many weeks ago, but I just remembered that I did not update our blog on how the boys did.  First of all, and most importantly, Drew was awarded a purple ribbon for Scripture memorization.  Each day the teams of campers met with their leaders for a 40 minute devotion.  I tried to pry information out of Drew everyday about what their devotions were about.  He'd always tell me he forgot, but near the end of the week he started reciting the Scripture verses they were going through!  My heart was so happy!

On Friday, the field competitions began! It was awesome to watch all of the campers compete.  Each child chose two field events to compete in that they had excelled at during the week.  Jake & Drew chose the same events - high jump and discus.

Here's Jake doing the high jump: 


Drew throwing the discus...


Taking 2nd place!


And Jake:


2nd Place!




No comments: