Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to School for Mom...Praise God for E-mealz!

We prayed, applied, and I was accepted back in April into the RN program at Durham Tech C.C.!  I start school in two days, August 15...I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.  This is an awesome blessing for me - I was a pre-nursing student in my college days at FSU, however, I was not serious about school.  My grades proved that and I was told not to even waste my time applying to the nursing program.  I quickly changed majors and moved on.  15 years have now passed.  A couple of years ago, we decided for me to re-take Anatomy & Physiology II to try for nursing school again.  And then, we decided to answer the call into ministry and to move here for Jason to complete seminary!  The rest is history...

Fast forward one year...It was a great day in the Burgess house when I received my acceptance letter!  And, Durham Tech also accepted all of my pre-requisites from FSU & my recent Anatomy do-over class.  YES! 

This summer has been precious to me.  I have enjoyed every second with our family because I know our lives will now change with me in school.  We covet your prayers as we settle into a new schedule for all of us.

Not only have I enjoyed an awesome summer, but I have also been planning and organizing everything to go as smoothly as possible come August 15.  One of the things I have been most concerned about is meals.  I am amazed at how much food it takes to keep a family of 5 going.  It is so much less stressful for me to have a plan at dinner time.  I recently came upon E-mealz - hallelujah!!!   E-mealz was started by a couple of pastors wives who have felt the same way all of us feel in our busy lifestyles.  Basically, for $15 I will receive 90 healthy (for the most part), easy to make meals.  Now that's a Mama's (who is going back to school or working) dream come true! 

We have been following the meal planning now for a few weeks and we are loving the new recipes and variety.  The children have been helping me in the kitchen, and for the most part are enjoying trying new foods!

http://www.e-mealz.com/
 
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS


2 comments:

alison said...

way to go alicia!! you will be an AMAZING nurse....your sweet spirit will be so uplifting to anyone lucky enough to be your patient :) i'll have to check into this whole e-mealz deal. sounds like a good plan to me!

Tara said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Praying for a good transition back to school...for all of you!